Pizza rolls are a delicious and easy snack that can be prepared in minutes. However, if you want an evenly cooked, crispy, and crunchy texture, try cooking them in an air fryer. This article will show how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer.
Should I use oil for cooking air fryer pizza rolls?
It is not necessary to use oil to cook air fryer pizza rolls as they are already coated in oil. However, adding a small amount of oil can help to enhance the crispiness and flavor of the pizza rolls. If you choose to use oil, it’s important to use it sparingly to avoid making the pizza rolls greasy or soggy.
- Pizza rolls (frozen or homemade)
- Cooking spray
Steps to Cook Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Before cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer, you must preheat it. Turn the air fryer to 400°F and let it preheat for about 5 minutes.
Arrange the Pizza Rolls:
Once the air fryer is preheated, arrange the pizza rolls in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. Make sure there is enough space between each roll to cook evenly.
Spray with Cooking Spray:
Lightly spray the pizza rolls with cooking spray. This will help them to become crispy and brown.
Cook in the Air Fryer:
Set the timer for 6-8 minutes and let the pizza rolls cook in the air fryer until they become golden brown and crispy. Halfway through cooking, use tongs to flip the rolls over to ensure even cooking.
Check for Doneness:
After cooking, check the pizza rolls to ensure they are fully cooked. Cut one of the rolls in half to check that the filling is piping hot and the dough is cooked through.
Once done, remove the pizza rolls from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, such as marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or garlic butter.
Tips to Cook Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer
- For best results, ensure the pizza rolls are arranged in a single layer in the air fryer basket, with enough space between each roll.
- Lightly spraying the pizza rolls with cooking spray will help them to become crispy and brown.
- Use tongs to flip the rolls halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Check the pizza rolls for doneness by cutting one in half to ensure the filling is piping hot and the dough is cooked.
Checkout You May Also Interested:
- How to Cook Red Lentils
- How to Cook Sausages in the Oven
- How to Cook Steel Cut Oats
- How to Cook Lobster Tails
How to Serve Pizza Rolls Cooked in Air Fryer
Pizza rolls cooked in an air fryer are a delicious and convenient snack that can be served in various ways. Here are some ideas for serving and enjoying your air fryer pizza rolls.
- Dip in Sauce: Pizza rolls are perfect for dipping, with plenty of sauce options. Classic marinara sauce is always a hit, but you can try ranch dressing, garlic butter, or hot sauce for an extra kick.
- Pair with Salad: If you want a more balanced meal, pair your pizza rolls with a side salad. A simple Caesar salad or garden salad will complement the flavors of the pizza rolls and add some freshness to your plate.
- Make a Platter: If you’re serving pizza rolls as an appetizer or party snack, consider arranging them with various dipping sauces on a platter. This way, your guests can try different pizza rolls and sauce combinations.
- Serve with Veggies: For a healthier option, serve your pizza rolls with fresh veggies. Baby carrots, sliced bell peppers, and celery sticks are great accompaniments to pizza rolls.
- Add Spice: If you like spicy food, add crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce to your pizza rolls before cooking them in the air fryer. This will give them an extra kick and add heat to your snack.
- Try Different Fillings: While traditional pizza rolls are filled with pepperoni and cheese, you can experiment with different fillings to mix things up. Try adding sausage, mushrooms, onions, or even spinach and feta cheese for a Mediterranean twist.
Ultimately there are many ways to enjoy pizza rolls cooked in an air fryer. Whether you dip them in sauce, pair them with a salad, or experiment with different fillings, pizza rolls are a versatile and tasty snack everyone will love.
How to Store and Reheat Pizza Rolls Cooked in Air Fryer?
To store pizza rolls cooked in an air fryer, transfer them to an airtight container or plastic bag and refrigerate them for up to three days. When reheating, preheat the air fryer to 400°F and cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and crispy. Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket, and use the microwave or oven for a softer texture. Avoid reheating with a lid or cover to prevent sogginess.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long do you cook pizza rolls in the air fryer?
The exact cooking time may vary depending on the brand and size of your air fryer and the number of pizza rolls you are cooking. It’s important to watch them and adjust the cooking time to avoid overcooking or undercooking. Well, cook pizza rolls in an air fryer at 400°F for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through until they are crispy and golden brown.
Can I cook frozen pre-made pizza rolls in an air fryer?
You can cook frozen pre-made pizza rolls in an air fryer by preheating to 400°F and cooking for 8-10 minutes, shaking or flipping halfway.
Are pizza rolls better in the air fryer or microwave?
Using an air fryer generally produces a better result than a microwave when cooking pizza rolls. An air fryer can cook the pizza rolls evenly and crisply, creating a texture similar to oven-baked pizza rolls. On the other hand, cooking pizza rolls in a microwave can make them soggy and rubbery, as the microwave heats them unevenly and doesn’t create a crispy exterior.
Overall, if you want to enjoy crispy and evenly cooked pizza rolls, using an air fryer is best. However, the microwave can be a quick and convenient option if you’re short on time and don’t mind a softer texture. Ultimately, choosing between air frying or microwaving pizza rolls will depend on personal preference and available time.
What temperature do you air fry pizza rolls?
The recommended temperature to air fry pizza rolls is 400°F. This temperature allows the pizza rolls to cook evenly and achieve a crispy exterior while ensuring that the filling is heated through. However, the exact cooking time may vary depending on the size and brand of your air fryer and the number of pizza rolls being cooked.
How long do you cook frozen pizza rolls?
Frozen pizza rolls are typically cooked in an air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 400°F. However, the exact cooking time may vary depending on the size and brand of your air fryer and the number of pizza rolls being cooked. It’s important to check the pizza rolls to ensure they are cooked all through and the exterior is crispy and golden brown.
What is the best way to cook pizza rolls?
The best way to cook pizza rolls is to use an air fryer. This cooking method allows the pizza rolls to cook evenly and become crispy on the outside while ensuring the filling is heated. To cook pizza rolls in an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 400°F, place the pizza rolls in a single layer in the basket, and cook for 8-10 minutes, shaking or flipping halfway through. This method produces pizza rolls with a crispy, golden-brown exterior and a delicious, hot filling.
Are pizza rolls already cooked?
Pizza rolls are typically not fully cooked when purchased from the store. They are usually partially cooked and frozen, requiring further cooking to ensure the filling is fully heated and the outside is crispy. It’s important to follow the cooking instructions provided on the packaging to ensure that the pizza rolls are cooked all the way through before consuming them.
Cooking pizza rolls in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to achieve a crispy and crunchy texture. Following these simple steps, you can have delicious pizza rolls in just a few minutes. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a party appetizer, pizza rolls cooked in an air fryer will surely be a hit.